All too often we take the little Sparrow for granted – small though she may be, she is certainly powerful. It is her small size that gives her advantages. She reminds us we do not have to be the loudest in order be heard.
- Sparrows derive power and protection from their numbers. Always in a clan, they move in clusters, eat in clusters, and are always contentas such. Safety in numbers is a lesson the Sparrow has to share with us.
- The Sparrow is ever vigilantin her goals. She is always bustling for her food, foraging for her nests, and gathering for her young. Fastidious and productive, the Sparrow is a reminder that idle hands (and idle minds) should be avoided in order to live a full, healthy life.
- She is a master of flight, and camouflage, and teaches us to use our creativity to get around in life – think outside the box and be creativein solving our problems.
- As a bird totem, the Sparrow speaks of higher thoughts and ideals. She beckons us to keep our burdens lightin order to avoid a heavy heart.
- Joy, Creativity, Community, Inclusion, Protection, Simplicity, Productivity and Friendliness are attributes one associates with the Sparrow.